Indiana is hailed as an outstanding state for entrepreneurial success, but did you know it’s also a great state to play?
Chief Executive Magazine recently listed Indiana as the sixth best state to do business. One of the supporting reasons was the high quality of living, from great neighborhoods to great schools and parks to a wealth of job opportunities and plenty of things to keep everyone busy and entertained.
Not only is Indiana The Crossroads of America, but also a state that draws both national and worldwide attention with its sporting events, festivals, all-star restaurants and one of a kind attractions. Indiana is definitely a state where residents and visitors alike can always find something enjoyable to do. From the world’s 1st and 2nd largest single-day sporting events (the Indianapolis 500 and the Brickyard 400) to attractions like The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, the largest children’s museum in the world, to special events such as Super Bowl XLVI in 2012 or the upcoming 2015 NCAA Men’s Final Four®.
Let’s face it, Indiana has that special draw, but what is it that makes our mojo so enticing for business and families to relocate, event selection committees to pick us and nearly 20 million visitors annually to choose Indiana as a destination? Is it our Hoosier hospitality, our diverse economic and social landscape, our cultural districts, our parks, our beautiful downtown skyline, our family attractions, our all-star dining experiences or our special national events? We’d like to think a mix of all of the above!
Whether you’re a resident of our great state or a visitor just passing through, we’d like to encourage you to get out and enjoy all our great state has to offer, especially this weekend. We are honored to have the Men’s NCAA Final Four taking place in the heart of downtown Indy at Lucas Oil Stadium on April 4th and 6th. The energy downtown will be electric and there will be fun for every member of the family, plus tons of photo opportunities with NCAA backdrops throughout downtown.
Here are our top 5 picks to step out and enjoy the 2015 NCAA Final Four in Indianapolis this weekend!
- Final Four® Fan Fest presented by Capital One® (April 3rd – 6th) is a great budget friendly option! A four-day indoor interactive event located at the Indiana Convention Center featuring chances to meet legendary coaches, former college stars, enjoy sport activities and live entertainment. See the full Fan Fest Events Schedule here. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children 3-11, children under 2 are FREE and can be purchased online or on-site.
- Reese’s® Final Four Friday® (April 3rd) A FREE event starting at 11:15a.m. for fans to come and watch student-athletes from the 2015 NCAA Final Four® teams in their final practice before the national semifinals, hear from each head coach and enjoy the Reese’s® College All Star Game at 4:30p.m.
- NCAA® March Madness® Music Festival (April 3rd – 5th) A FREE three-day outdoor music festival at White River State Park featuring great artists, plus food and fun.
- Final Four® Dribble refreshed by Coca-Cola® (April 5th) FREE for youth 18 and under and participants receive a T-shirt, basketball and free entry into Final Four® Fan Fest! Registration starts at 12:30p.m. and the event at 2p.m.
- Take a stroll or a ride around downtown and enjoy the Final Four® sights. The Indianapolis Cultural Trail, Pacers Bike Share, Pedal Boat or Surrey Rental or a quaint Carriage Ride are just a few great options to enhance your sightseeing adventure. Maybe even stop in one of the many downtown restaurants for a bite to eat as well.
No matter what Final Four activity you pick to enjoy this weekend in Indianapolis, you are sure to see our great city at its best and make Indiana memories to last a lifetime!